16,032 total views, 44 views today
Get Ready for Gastech 2019
What: Gastech—the world’s biggest gathering of natural gas, liquefied natural gas, and energy professionals
Where: The NRG Center, 1 NRG Park, Houston, TX 77054, USA
When: September 17-19, 2019
Gastech is rapidly approaching. The exhibition and conference have been the world’s biggest gathering of natural gas, liquified natural gas, and energy professionals for nearly 50 years, and 2019 marks its first return to the United States in almost 20. Whether you’re already booked to attend Gastech or are on the fence, you can use this page as a guide to help prepare for the event.
The expo and talent exchange are free but you need to register
Although there is a fee to attend the conference (and it’s well worth it), industry professionals can get a free pass into the exhibition, which spans 592,000 square feet.
- 700 Exhibitors from over 100 countries
- 20 country pavilions
- 9 industry zones
- Lots of live demonstrations
You can get a free headshot and connect with us
Come by and visit Experience Energy. We’ll be in the Global Energy Talent Exchange section.
- Register to attend GRIT
- Sign up for Experience Energy
- Share your resources for our 2020 Directory
- Get a free professional headshot on us
A wide range of professionals will be there
Not sure if you’ll find something of interest? Exhibitors span a wealth of industries, ensuring there’s something for everyone.
- 19% Engineering, Procurement Construction & Management
- 17% Hydrocarbon Processing, Petrochemicals & Technology
- 16% Exploration & Production
- 14% Contracting, Commercial, Investment &Trading
- 11% Transmission and Distribution & Power Generation
- 10% Ancillary & Support services including HSSE, Digital, Data, IT, Automation & Cybersecurity
You can see all the exhibitors here.
Get the Gastech app
With so much going on, it’s easy to get lost or sidetracked. Thankfully, there’s a dedicated Gastech app with tons of great features.
- Explore the program and speakers
- Search exhibitors and products
- Track your meeting schedule
- Use the Way Finder to navigate
- Engage with speakers during live Q&A sessions
- Connect and interact with other Gastech attendees
- Get updates before, during, and after the event
Join the discussion on Diversity & Inclusion in Energy
Diversity & Inclusion in Energy is open to conference delegates and exhibition visitors. The Diversity in Energy program will unite policy makers and energy industry leaders to forge strategies for increasing participation in the energy industry from across all sections of society so that companies can make the most of their talent pool. Be part of the discussion and the action!
Wear comfortable shoes
Follow proven tips to stay energized at conferences. It probably goes without saying, but you’ll need comfortable shoes to make it through the day and maximize your time there. Better still, bring along some water too. It’ll probably be in the high 80s or low 90s and you don’t want to be stuck in a water line when there’s so much to see and do.
Bring your business cards
Gastech is expecting 35,000 international attendees this year, including professionals from major NOCs, IOCs, integrated energy companies, global utilities, EPC contractors, shipbuilders, pipeline companies, manufacturers, technology providers, and service companies. Chances are you’ll run into someone you want to connect with again later, be it a potential employer, supplier, partner, or mentor.
The schedule is packed
There are 13 ministerial and CEO panel sessions plus more than 100 strategic and technical conference sessions. A few highlights include the Diversity and Inclusion in Energy seminars, Young Gastech, and the Energy Talent Exchange. You won’t want to miss these sessions:
- Keynote address in main program: Energy Forward – Unlocking the Potential of Gas with Lorenzo Simonelli, CEO of Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Diversity & Inclusion Program: Retaining Talent with Sara Hassett, Global Communications Director for Turbomachinery & Process Solution, Baker Hughes, GE, Julie Rae, HR Manager, ExxonMobil, Ray Dempsey, Director of Diversity & Inclusion, BP, Heather Cykoski, Group Vice President, ABB
- Diversity & Inclusion Program: Integrating the Generations panel with Rodney Williams, National Grid, Joshua Atkins, FTI Consulting, Sherina Maye Edwards, Quaries & Brady LLC and Katie Mehnert with Pink Petro/Experience Energy
- Keynote address: Diversity & Inclusion Program with Carol Battershell, CEO and former Department of Energy Public Policy
- Global Business Leaders’ Panel in Main Plenary: Developing Collaborative Solutions to Support the Challenges of Changing Energy Systems with Rod Christie, President & CEO of Turbomachinery & Process Solutions business of Baker Hughes, a GE company
- ExxonMobil Power Play awards will be announced
The diversity session will unite policy makers and energy industry leaders to forge strategies for increasing participation in the energy industry from across all sections of society. As companies recognize that a diverse workforce makes for a more qualified and innovative staff and the energy industry continues to face its people challenge, this forum will provide a vital platform where top level executives will share how companies can make the most of their talent pool and enable the best and brightest to succeed.
Visit our Gastech 2019 page for more details.