1,576 total views, 4 views today
Each year the U.S. Clean Energy Education and Empowerment (C3E) initiative recognizes outstanding female leaders by honoring them at its annual C3E Women in Clean Energy Symposium. This invitation-only event seeks to raise the visibility of women in this sector of the energy industry by honoring those in mid-career leadership and achievement.
Nominations for 2019 are now open. The categories are: Advocacy, Business, Education, Entrepreneurship, Government, International, Law & Finance, and Research.
Anyone affiliated with the candidate through work, professional organizations, universities, community groups, etc. can make a nomination. However, the nominator should be very familiar with the accomplishments of their nominee.
Criteria for Nomination
C3E is looking for women in clean energy who have a track record of accomplishments, possess leadership qualities, and seek out opportunities of mentorship of women and girls. Additionally, they should meet the following criteria:
- At least five years of clean energy experience.
- Be mid-career professionals.
- Use their talents to advance clean energy sources, technologies, etc.
- Made an impact in their fields as part of a team or individually.
- Accomplishments that warrant national recognition.
- Strong commitment to clean energy in their areas of expertise.
- Demonstrate inclusive leadership by helping to mentor and develop women and future leaders.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Do you know someone deserving of one of these awards?
Help C3E close the gender gap by increasing participation and success of women in clean energy. Not only will the winners be nationally recognized at the annual symposium, but each one will receive a monetary prize of $8,000.
To learn more about the awards and eligibility, or to nominate someone, visit www.C3Eawards.org.
Nominations are due by April 10, 2019.