- This event has passed.
Petroleum Engineering for Non-Engineers
December 3 @ 8:30 am - December 5 @ 4:30 pm CST
Anyone needing a better understanding of petroleum engineering in order to be more productive at their job will find this course beneficial.
Past participants have included engineering techs, administrative assistants, landmen, geo techs, managers, regulatory analysts, sales representatives, IT consultants, accountants, land techs, recruiters, attorneys, and executive assistants.
“I would be willing to bet that there is not another 3 day program that will enhance your knowledge about the industry more than this one.”
This course gives an overview of the exploration/production process and arms the participants with the terminology associated with these procedures and practices which will increase their understanding of the process and facilitate communication between them and the engineers and geologists with whom they work.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN
• The requirements for an exploration project
• Tools, practices and terminology associated with drilling a well
• Current offshore drilling equipment and practices
• Application of directional and horizontal drilling
• How open hole logs and cores are used to evaluate a well
• Completion practices, including hydraulic fracture stimulation
• How oil is produced from a well with artificial lift
• About surface equipment used to gather, process and store produced fluids
“This course was like turning on a light bulb in the dark! It will make my job so much better!”
Immediately use the information learned to increase your overall job productivity!
The course runs from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm each day.
19.5 PDHs | 1.95 CEUs